Photo credit: John O’Nolan
Many of you work on a tight budget and don’t have access to facilities broadcasters and film studios offer in-house. That’s why we developed our GMAC Film members scheme – a membership programme that entitles independent filmmakers to hire out edit space at an affordable cost.
Edit space is available to GMAC Film members only. Membership also includes free screening events, industry surgeries and being part of a filmmaking community. When we can, we try and help you progress projects you work on by giving out information, helping you on your way in the right direction.
Terms of HireBy hiring equipment or edit space, provided by GMAC Film (referred to as we), you agree to the terms and conditions set out in the Terms of Hire, which govern the contract between you and us. For your convenience, here is a non-legal description of some of the basic terms and general conditions of the Terms of Hire:
- Edit space & equipment hires are available to GMAC Film members only.
- All camera kits include a tripod, batteries, charger and cards.
- We may ask you to demonstrate how to operate the equipment before hiring. Equipment in unexperienced hands is at risk of getting damaged so if we feel you’re lacking know-how, we can cancel the hire.
- All hires are paid for in advance, via Paypal.
- Weekend rates are calculated as 1 day and week rates at 7 days for 4.
- Equipment returned late will be charged at the normal rate.
Our equipment insurance is a real bonus as it is included in the hire charge. However, it excludes:
- The first £250 of every loss;
- Loss of or damages to equipment that is left unattended – including theft from locked vehicles;
- Any loss or damage outside the United Kingdom;
- Any loss or damage that should be covered by production insurance.
To cover the basics, you should consider production insurance for your footage, employers liability and public liability. We recommend all members to obtain production insurance when filming.
- For a full refund, cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the agreed pick up time on the day of the hire. If you cancel less than 48 hours in advance, you will be charged as if the hire was completed.
- We hate to see equipment on the shelf when it could be out there with a crew! That’s why we revoke memberships of members that fail to stick to our cancellation policy on more than one occasion.
See the Terms of Hire for more detail.