Screen Start is an employability initiative supporting people from under-represented communities to gain access to, and employment in, the screen sector. Selected participants undertake a 6-month programme of bespoke training, industry mentoring and work placements.
Who is Screen Start for?
Screen Start is open for people over the age of 16 who are interested in working in the screen sector and:
- Have an SIMD-1/20 postcode – check your postcode here
- Are care experienced or estranged
- Are from Black, Asian & ethnic communities
- Are deaf or disabled
- Are from the LGTBQIA+ community
What happens on the programme?
- We co-design bespoke development pathways for each participant
- Each participant receives mentoring from an industry professional
- Development of screen specific employability skills
- Training to equip participants with essential freelancer skills
- Work placements with industry partners
- Development of a wellbeing toolkit
For further information please email: email@example.com