GMAC Film (“we”, “our” “us”) respects the privacy of our members and stakeholders and recognises the need for appropriate protections and management of your personal information. This policy sets out what personal information we collect, how we will treat it and how we will keep it protected in compliance with our legal obligations.
Who are we?
We are the controller for the purposes of data protection legislation in respect of the personal information that we hold about you. If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding your personal information you can contact us at GMAC Film, Fifth Floor, Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD, by email to email@example.com or by calling us on 0141 553 5400.
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information, you can contact us and / or notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Your personal information – what is it?
Personal information relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information, either by that single piece of information or by combining it with another piece of information that we hold or might hold in the future. Personal information could include things like your name, address, email address or internet protocol (IP) address.
How and why do we collect your personal information?
Information you provide to us: We collect personal information when you apply for membership and during the course of your membership with us. This includes your name, organisation, details of others within your organisation, job titles, bank details and contact details.
We collect this information to manage your membership and administer membership records, provide you with our membership services and member benefits including sending you emails, telling you about our latest news, screenings or information, and for the purposes of managing your membership with us.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Disclosure of your personal information
We share your personal information with the following third parties:
- MailChimp – MailChimp provide marketing automation service. We will provide MailChimp with your email address to enable MailChimp to send out our email communications.
- Paypal – If you make a donation or membership payment to us your credit card or paypal account information will be collected by Payplal.
- Google – we use the Google services Gmail, Google Groups, Google Drive and Shared Contacts for Gmail – our email service, storage of contact details and data storage are hosted by Google. Personal information which is transmitted to or by us by email will therefore be hosted by Google.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we store your information
The information we collect from you may be stored inside the UK, the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or outside the EEA.
If you live or work outside of the UK or the EEA, we may need to transfer your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA to correspond with you. Where this applies, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Your rights and your personal data
You have certain rights under data protection legislation which can be exercised by contacting us at: GMAC Film, Thorn House, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR, by calling us on 0131 243 2650 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- the right to access the personal data held about you by making a subject access request in accordance with data protection legislation;
- the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances;
- the right to request to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to ask us to not undergo automated decision making;
- the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you; and
- where you have provided consent, to request to withdraw such consent at any time.
There are some exceptions to the above rights that are permitted under the data protection legislation. Please note that if you choose to exercise your rights to have personal data restricted or deleted, then we may not be able to provide you with a full service.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: gmacfilm.com